With more than 100,000 employees in 7,000 companies, the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region is one of the leading ICT locations in Europe. Well-known companies such as Datev or Siemens and research institutions such as Fraunhofer IIS are driving digitization forward. Nuremberg and its region belong to the circle of European digital hotspots.
Extended Reality (XR) is a future technology in the ICT sector. XR is a generic term for virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR) and augmented reality (AR). There are already a large number of established companies and start-ups in the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region that use and promote XR. The NIK e.V., the Nuremberg Economic Development Corporation and the Nuremberg Chamber of Commerce for Middle Franconia have therefore already launched the VR-NUE company network in 2017. The members of VR-NUE meet regularly and have already carried out a number of activities in the region, such as VR-Day 2018 or VR-NUE: Virtual Reality in Nuremberg 2019 as part of the Nuremberg Digital Festival, in order to raise public awareness of the use of the technology.
XR HUB Nuremberg – Key aspects
The aim of the XR HUB Nuremberg is to support the exchange, visibility and market access of XR companies and to make XR technology accessible to companies from the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region.
The XR HUB Nuremberg aims
- to provide regional companies in this sector with simplified market access.
- to make the XR location Central Franconia visible nationwide.
- to further promote exchange and networking activities.
- to expand the existing XR network (VR-NUE)
- to initiate new XR projects
- to increase the international visibility of the Bavarian XR ecosystem true to the motto “XR made in Bavaria.
The focus here is primarily on XR solutions for the following target industries:
- Industry, Automotive
- Health and Care / Inclusion
- Tourism / Culture
- Games / Animation
The XR HUB Nuremberg is currently managed provisionally by managing director Inci Strauss.
We answer your questions
- Are you working in a company / department / team that deals with XR technologies?
- Are you in a company that has already built XR solutions?
- Are you wondering what XR companies & solutions are available in the region?
- Are you wondering if and how XR technology can offer added value in your environment?
- Are you looking for XR events in the region?
- You need a speaker for your event/exhibition who presents the network of the XR HUB Nürnberg?
Our two project managers Julia Wittmann & Benjamin Ulsamer are always available for all questions, wishes & suggestions concerning the XR HUB Nuremberg.
0911 / 376 500 112
0911 / 376 500 112
Management NIK e.V.
Business Development Nürnberg